Monday, November 2, 2015

#YhengCooks "Pork Binagoongan"




I cooked this today for lunch because my husband requested it. Since I still have cooked bagoong alamang inside our ref, I decided to grant his request. Here' how I cooked it, just in case you want to cook it also.

Ingredients:

*please note that I don't usually measure my ingredients. I'm more on trial and error type of cook. hahaha. But this one is a super tried and tested recipe for me.


3 pcs (about 1/2 kg) of liempo. cut into bite pieces.
1 tbsp vinegar
pepper corns
2 - 3 pcs bay leaves
1 tbsp rock salt
water (enough to cover the meat)
1 red bell pepper
1 red chili (labuyo)
2 pcs tomato
1 onion
1 pc egg plant (optional)
bagoong alamang around 2-3 tablespoon (according to your preference)
red chili pepper paste (optional)
salt and pepper to taste.


Procedure.

1. Put water into a pot and bring to a boil.
2. Once it boils, add the vinegar, pepper corns, bay leaves, salt and the meat. Cover and let it boil until the meat is a bit tender.
3. Remove the meat from the pot and transfer it to a skillet. Brown both sides (no need to add oil because the pork will release fat / oil during the cooking process). If you want it to be a little bit crispy, cook it a bit longer.
4. Once it is done, remove meat from the pan, add 1 tablespoon of cooking oil (or you can use the fat / oil from the meat). Saute tomatoes, and onion.
5. Add the bagoong alamang and let it cook for 1-2 minutes, then add the meat.

** Note: I used cooked bagoong alamang (I cooked it beforehand) so no need to cook it longer. But if you are using raw bagoong alamang, make sure to cook it thoroughly before adding the meat.

6. Put a little bit of water, about 1/4 cup, add in the egg plant and the red chilli pepper paste and let it simmer until the water reduces and the meat is tender.
7. Add the chilis and adjust the taste accordingly. Let it cook for a minute or two.
8. Serve with hot steaming white rice and enjoy.



Hope you can try this recipe.

Till next Time!

See you soon folks!
(>‿◠)✌




No comments:

Post a Comment