Hubby and I loves chicken. There are times that I cooked 2 chicken meals in a week. Some of our favorites are adobo, tinola and the never ending fried chicken. But cooking the same kind of food almost every week is like "nakaka-umay". So I make it a point to search and look for different recipes online and offline (magazines, recipe books) for me to cook. I sometimes tweak the recipes I found according to my husband's tastes and preferences.
Anyway I found this teriyaki recipe at panlasangpinoy.com (one of my to go to website). But instead of using pork chop, I used chicken thighs and tweak it a little bit.
6 pieces chicken thighs (bone-in)
1/2 cup soy sauce
1 tbsp brown sugar
1 tsp ginger juice
1 tsp garlic juice1 tsp sesame oil
salt and pepper to taste
sesame oil for garnishing
1. Combine all the ingredients for marinade except sesame seed. Mix well.
2. Put in the chicken thighs and marinate it for at least 3 hours. Much better if you marinate it overnight so the chicken can absorb the marinade well.
3. Heat up a stove stop grill and grill the chicken until it's is cooked. Don't forget to flip the chicken every 2 - 3 minutes to avaoid getting it burnt.
4. Arrange the cooked chicken on a plate.
5. Boil the remaining marinade until it thickens. Pour over chicken.
6. Sprinkle with toasted sesame seed.
7. Serve and enjoy.
It is best consumed with hot piping steamed rice. :)
Hope you give this recipe a try.
See you soon folks!