Monday, December 21, 2015

#YhengCooks "Adobong Isaw ng Baboy"

Adobo is one of my favorite dish. I always make sure to cook this dish once or twice a month. But I don't use the same main ingredients over and over again. I sometimes uses pork, chicken, chicken feet, fish (tuna, tilapia, bangus) or vegetables or anything that can be cooked as adobo. Today I cookes another favorite adobo variation of  mine, -  Adobong Isaw ng Baboy.

I want to share to you my recipe just in case you want to try cooking it at home.

Ingredients:

1/2 Isaw ng Baboy (pig's small intestine).
1/4 cup + 1 tablespoon vinegar
2 tablespoon soy sauce
1 1/2 tablespoon oyster sauce
1/2 tablespoon rocksalt
3 cloves garlic
1 1/2 tablespoon ginger
1 pc. small onion
4 + 1/8 cups of water
1 tablespoon cooking oil
bay leaves
1 green chili
pepper corn
ground black pepper



Procedure.

1. Make sure to clean the pig's intestine very well. What I usually do is to insert a portion of the spout of the faucet inside the small intestine's opening and then turn on the faucet and let the water travels the inside of the intestine. I do it until the water runs clear (or no longer yellowish). Then I rub the intestines with rock salt (a bit harder) and then wash it with running water. I do it twice.

2. Pour 4 cups of water in a pot and let it boil. Once it boils, put 1/4 cup vinegar, 1 tablespoon of soy sauce, 1/2 tablespoon rock salt, black pepper corns and bay leaves. Put in the Small intestines and then cover. Let it cooked for 30 - 45 minutes.

3. Once it's cooked, set aside and let it cool until you can handle it. Cut it into 1 1/2 inches. Set aside.

4. In a pan, heat 1 tablespoon of oil, saute ginger, onion and garlic. Put in the small intestine. Add 1 tablespoon of soy sauce and 1 1/2 tablespoon oyster sauce. Cover it and let it cook for a minute or two.

5. Add in the vinegar, and 1/8 cup of water. Cover and let it simmer for another 2 minutes or until the vinegar is cooked..

6. Adjust seasoning according to your taste and put in the chopped green chilis.

7. Serve and enjoy.




Until here.
See you soon folks!

✍(◔◡◔)

No comments:

Post a Comment