Monday, May 25, 2015

Post Event - BDJ Passion Series: #SummerCreations




Last Saturday, I've attended another Belle De Jour Power Planner's event. BDJ Passion Series was held last May 23 at Red Mango Katipunan. Just like the other events by BDJ that I've attended in the past, the BDJ Passion Series: #SummerCreations was full of fun, laughter, freebies and prizes.

Create your own parfait and find your inner artist was the theme of the event. 

Okay, I'm not artistic at all. Next to numbers, art was the second subject I hated the most when I was still a student. But since I want to experience "this" and "that" before I turned 40, I decided to join the fun. So blessed that I was one of the chosen few to attend the event.

After the registration. we were seated accordingly. Being the first one to register I was seated on the first table together with Liriel and Abby. I first met them during the BDJ Box Soiree last February.

first in line. :) 
Ms. Mich, introduced the first speaker of the day. Ms Shenikah of Red Mango Philippines Katipunan shared to us the history of Red Mango and the benefits and advantages of Frozen Yogurt. She then told us that we will have a hands on experience of creating our own parfait. It was the first time that they allowed others  to enter the counter and make their own parfait. Hooray for that! :)

Ms. Shenikah of Red Mango Philippines Katipunan
The next speaker was Ms. Beam Mariano, an artist, stylist and art director. She's so tiny (as if I'm not) but she's full of energy. She discussed the basics of food styling, and gave us some tips and tricks to make our food appealing to the eye.

the super bubbly Ms. Beam Mariano
Then one by one, we were given a piece of paper (a guide to follow to create our own parfait), and we were ushered to the counter to make our own creations.

what's in my parfait?
Here's what I did.

 

Yeah! As you can see, my parfait is far from being artistic at all. I named my creation "FRUITY CRUSH PARFAIT". 

After each one of us finished our parfait, Ms. Beam took the "stage" once again. This time she discussed the basics of doodling, what materials we need to use and gave us some tips to make our doodles pretty and eye catching.

We were given a bottled water, and a set of Sharpie pens and markers and then we were asked to draw / doodle the most memorable summer experience we had on the bottle.  And being a true blue un-artistic person that I am, I got a little lost during the activity and I don't know where and how to start. But eventually I was able to finish my "masterpiece".

 

 

And even though I am the one who drew / doodled the bottle, I myself can't explain what I did there. hahaha. So let us just leave that bottle alone. :)

And a BDJ event is not complete without my (everyone's) favorite part -  raffle, freebies and prizes. :) Sharpie gave each bellas the pens and markers that we used during the doodling event. The cute swirly bowl and discount card were given by the Red Mango. I also won a 3-class pass for the upcoming BDJ Beauty Boot Camp during the raffle. Hooray for that. ♥


Aside from these freebies, what I like the most is that I was able to see my old friends and meet new faces that I know will be my new friends in the future since we will be seeing each other again. (assuming that I'll be invited again by BDJ Team :) )


To be updated for the upcoming events of BDJ Power Planner be sure to check their website and follow their social media accounts. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram

Until here.
See you soon folks!

✍(◔◡◔)

No comments:

Post a Comment