Tuesday, September 8, 2015

#YhengCooks "Paksiw na Pata ng Baboy W/ Lechon Sauce"



I've been craving for paksiw na pata these past few days. But since I don't want to buy the whole Pig trotter (Pata ng baboy) because my husband and I will be the only one to eat it. So when I found someone with the same dilemma at the "talipapa" where I usually buy ingredients for our viands, I asked her to take the other half of the pata and I'll take the other half. She agreed so we asked  the store owner to cut the pata in half for the two of us.

Anyway, I cooked Paksiw na pata 2 days ago (craving satisfied) and my husband loved it. So I'll be sharing the recipe in case you want to cook it too.

Ingredients:

3/4 kg Pata (cut into smaller size)
1/4 cup White vinegar
1/4 cup soy sauce
Black pepper
Laurel leaves
Water (enough to cover the pata)
4 - 5 cloves Garlic
1 onion (sliced)
1 1/4 cup Lechon Sauce or Mang tomas
Banana Blossom (you can buy it for 5/pack sa palengke) - Soak in water
oil for fying (yeah I fried the pata)

Procedure.
* Put water in a pot and let it boil. Once it boils, add the vinegar, the soy sauce bay leaves, black pepper and the pata. Let it boil until the pata is cooked and tender.
* Remove the meat and set aside the soup (pinagkuluan / sabaw).
* Heat oil in a pan, and fry the meat. Drain the oil.
* Put back the meat in the pot, put the sugar, garlic, and onion. Put Mang Tomas and let it simmer until the sauce thickens a little bit.
* Put the banana blossom and season to taste or adjust the seasoning if necessary.
* Serve with hot steamed rice and enjoy eating.


I like tutong na kanin. :)

Until here.
See you soon folks!

✍(◔◡◔)

No comments:

Post a Comment